Please make sure you have read through these instructions carefully before beginning the submission process.
New Account Registration
To register a new account, click the " Register " link on the home page. You will be asked to enter your Last Name, Email and Telephone Number so that the system may first determine if an account already exists for you. If the system determines you already have an account, your login name and a new, temporary password will be automatically emailed to you.
If the system does not find an existing account in the database, you will be directed to the registration screen where you can enter in your personal information and choose a login name and password. You may login immediately after creating your new account. You will also receive an email with your selected login information.
Review Policy and Procedure
All manuscripts must be submitted in English. Submitted manuscripts that do not conform to the Journal of Tropical Crop Science will be returned to authors for correction. Editor reserves the privilege of returning submitted manuscripts to the author for revision.
The manuscript submission and peer-review process is broken down into the following steps:
- The Author submits a manuscript. A manuscript number is assigned to each manuscript, which will be sent to the corresponding author.
- The Editor assigns two reviewers to the manuscript
- The Reviewers review the manuscript
- The Editor drafts a decision to be sent to the Author.
Preparing to Submit
- Manuscript files in Word. All text MUST be double-spaced, including tables, footnotes, figure captions, and Literature Cited; use the line numbering feature in your word processing program in a single-column format.
- Cover Letter, including job title and institution for every author listed on the manuscript.
- Figures/Images should be in TIFF, GIF, JPG, PDF, Postscript, or EPS format. Insert a figure caption page right before the figures. Include all of the figure captions by themselves on a page, double-spaced. Table heads should be placed with the tables.
- Every page of the manuscript must be numbered.
- Activate the 'spellchecker' function to avoid unnecessary errors.
- A sample of manuscript can be downloaded here
Preparation of manuscripts
Manuscript should be organized in the following order:
Name(s) of ALL author(s)
Complete postal address (es) of affiliations
Full telephone and E-mail of the corresponding author
Corresponding address to which the proofs should be sent
Material and Methods
Title should be clear, concise and informative as Titles are used in information-retrieval systems.
The abstract should be clear, descriptive and contain about a maximum of 300 words.
Provide a maximum of six keywords. Keywords should not repeat words in Title. Avoid using ‘and’ and ‘of’. These keywords will be used for indexing purposes.
Running title must be not more than 55 characters.
Introduction should state the reasons for doing the work. Please provide an adequate and clear background and state the objectives of the work. Avoid a detailed literature review or a summary of the results.
Materials and Methods
Methods should include sufficient detail to allow the work to be reproduced. Methods that are already published should be indicated by a reference.
Results should be presented clearly and concise.
Discussion section should highlight the significance of the results of the work. Do not repeat Results section. Avoid extensive citations and discussion of published literature.
Provide clear and concise conclusions of the work.
Provide acknowledgements to those who have provided significant contribution, including information concerning research grants (if applicable).
- Please note that starting February 2022, a minimum of 50% of the references must be articles published in the last 5 years in indexed journals.
- Every reference cited in the text must present in the reference list, and vice versa.
- Unpublished results and personal communications are not recommended in the reference list, but should be mentioned in the text
- The use of Reference Links is recommended to increase discoverability by online links to the sources cited. Use of DOI is encouraged.
- When using Web References, the full URL and the date when the reference was last accessed should be provided.
All citations in the text should refer to:
1. Single author: the author's name (without initials) and the year of publication;
2. Two authors: both authors' names and the year of publication;
3. Three or more authors: first author's name followed by 'et al.' and the year of publication.
All citations in the Reference List should be arranged first alphabetically. More than one reference from the same author(s) in the same year must be identified by the letters 'a', 'b', 'c', etc., placed after the year of publication.
Please follow the ADVANCE AGRONOMY STYLE (Agriculture) for referencing to a journal, a book and a chapter in a book:
- Reference to a journal:
Hipi, A., Surahman, M., Ilyas, S., and Giyanto. (2013). Seed genetic purity assessment of maize hybrid using microsatellite markers (SSR). International Journal of Applied Science and Technology 3, 66-70.
- Reference to a book:
McMahon, R. W. (2000). “An Introduction to Greenhouse Production”. Ohio State University, 2nd Ed. 400p. Washington DC.
- Reference to a chapter in an edited book:
Bonga J. (1987). Clonal propagation of mature trees, problems and possible solution. In “Cell and Tissue culture in Forestry: General Principles and Biotechnology” (J. Bonga and D. Durzan, eds.), pp 249-271. Martinus Nijhoff Publishers.
Tables must be single line spacing
Use only one grid for each individual table and not a grid for each row, and do not use vertical lines to separate columns.
Tables should be numbered according to their sequence in the text.
The text should include references to all tables.
Each table should be typed on a separate page of the manuscript, not be included in the text.
Standard abbreviations of units of measurement should be added between parentheses.
Explanations essential to the understanding of the table should be given as a footnote at the bottom of the table.
Supply high-quality printouts of graphic, picture and other artworks
Save text in illustrations as "graphics" or enclose the font.
The following fonts in your illustrations are preferred: Arial, Courier, Helvetica, Times
Number the illustrations according to their sequence in the text.
Provide all illustrations as separate files.
Provide captions to illustrations separately.
Produce images near to the desired size of the printed version.
Do not embed 'graphically designed' equations or tables; please use the word processor's facility.
Binomial Latin names should be used in accordance with International Rules of Nomenclature. In the title after the Latin name of the species the name of its author should be included. Latin names must be typed in italic in the manuscript.
SI-system should be used for indicating the measurement units. Use mg.L-1 or µM instead of mg/l
All publications by Journal of Tropical Crop Science is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.